Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Issue #15 D.I.A. Answers F.O.I.A. - Alphabet Soup Of Information?...Not Quite

In this issue I am going to re-visit my investigation of the San Luis Obispo UFO Project Blue Book case from July 7, 1967. Those of you who have been following my progress on this case will probably be as shocked as I was that a response came back so quickly from the Defense Intelligence Agency. And not the usual first round brush-off...no, indeed I received a different type of response. I posted their response the day I received it on my Facebook page in PDF format, but I'm going to include it here in .jpg format as well.


What amazes me the most about this response is 1) They are claiming exemption from the statutory 20 day response time period because of "unusual circumstances" (does knowing the file number qualify as "unusual"?), and 2) They are admitting that they must consult "one or more other agencies". For those of you who don't speak bureaucrat-ese, let me give one possible interpretation; not being accustomed to fine-tuned requests about precise information, they must break out the adult-sized diaper, and then hand them out to a couple of friends (Dept. of Defense & USAF) whilst they try to figure out how much anyone might already know, and how much they must release, and how long can they get away without doing anything...1,139 ahead of me...really? I have a sneaky feeling I'll be contacting that request service center...I have LOTS of questions!

I hope this is giving you all some insight into the FOIA process, and remember DON'T GIVE UP and DON'T TAKE 'NO' FOR AN ANSWER!

Come back next week for the scoop on the Secret Space Program/Breakaway Civilization Conference in San Mateo July 28, 29th!

No comments:

Post a Comment