Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Issue #12 Them Or Us?

I'm going to take a break from the FOIA request topic this week, and focus on a question that must be considered with every good sighting report: Was it them or us?

It is well known that we both build, and test experimental aircraft. It is also well known that a large percentage, if not all of those experimental aircraft are designed and built under a blanket of complete secrecy. Anyone doubting the industry's ability to accomplish such a feat should consider the U2, the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, the Stealth Bomber, etc., to understand that it is not only possible, but it is usually the way that our advanced technologies are developed. This begs the question; how do we tell if it's made on Earth, or if it came from...somewhere else?

I read once (wish I could remember where) someone's opinion that "if it looks like it has seams, and you think you can see nuts and bolts, it's one of ours." At the time it made a little bit of sense to me, after all, surely even if we could duplicate their propulsion technology, we are still limited by our terrestrial fabrication processes...right? Or are we?

Let me take you back to 1979, and a personal sighting that I had in the city of Azusa, CA. Back in those days a lot of us musicians in the San Gabriel Valley area spent most of our time at a recording studio that used to be tucked away behind the "Shangri-La" strip club on the corner of Azusa and Arrow Highways, on the border of Azusa and West Covina. At one end of the building was Charvel Guitar's, where Eddie Van Halen used to work as a guitar tech, and on the other end was a fantastic sound studio, and a bunch of practice rooms. At the time my drummer and I were living in one of the practice rooms, which was a fairly common practice back then. In fact before us my friend Mark Oldham and Vince Neil (of Motley Crue fame) were living in it while they were playing in their band Rockandi. Diagonally across the street from the studio was a Market Basket grocery store that had a pretty good sized parking lot. It was as I was leaving the market one night with a girlfriend that I saw the most incredible sight in my young life.

It was around 9:00 in the evening as we left the market, and we were walking through the parking lot on our way to the intersection to cross the street when I noticed movement above me. My girlfriend and I stopped in our tracks as we both looked up in unison at the largest object either of us had ever seen as it silently moved over our heads. To say it was large does not do it justice. Battleships are large. This was immense. The foothills of Glendora run West to East perpendicular to Arrow Highway, and this craft was flying no higher than the foothills. We judged it to be at least a half-mile in width, and a minimum of a mile in length! Amazingly there wasn't a sound coming from it as it slowly drifted over us. By this time I became aware of whistles and hoots from other people in the parking lot, who obviously were witnessing the same thing that I and my girlfriend were. I clearly remember thinking: "Oh this is fantastic, everyone is seeing this! Now there is no way the government can deny these things exist! So many people saw this that it will be all over the news!" (The next day there wasn't a word about it in any newspaper or television story.) The underside of the craft had rectangular shapes jutting out at different angles, but no identifiable structures. There were no visible markings of any kind anywhere on it, and it was all a uniform metalic gray color. It slowly drifted to the east at about 30 MPH until it got over what appeared to be the San Dimas area, then it suddenly stretched into a pinpoint of light in the distance, and then was gone. That is the only way I've ever been able to describe it's departure.

Needless to say, what I saw was something that would change the way most people viewed the world. It was a little different for me since it was not my first experience, but none the less, it had a very profound effect upon me, and the course my life would take in the future. For many years I was of the belief that what I saw had to be from somewhere other than Earth, because I was not aware of any of the information that I am today. Now after reading so many other accounts, and hearing fantastic first-hand testimony from people like Jan Harzan who was at the meeting at Lockheed-Skunkworks when the CEO announced that "we have the technology to take ET home", I have to wonder if perhaps what I saw wasn't something on it's maiden voyage from Palmdale!

I'm going to use Travis Walton's abduction case for just a second as a comparison because 1) I've talked to him and I believe him 100%, and 2) The craft used is completely dissimilar and was witnessed by multiple people. That being said for those of you not familiar with Travis's case, he was abducted back in 1975 while doing forestry work in the mountains of Arizona, and the whole incident was witnessed by the rest of his work crew. The craft that was witnessed in this instance was the typical "saucer" type craft, and bears no similarity whatsoever to the craft that I saw in the Azusa sighting. I am also convinced that the occupants of the craft that took Travis were not from Earth, as was the case with Betty and Barney Hill. So here we have a very well documented case (I recommend Travis' book "Fire In The Sky: The Walton Experience to everyone!), and we can tie the design of the ship in conclusively to belonging to an extraterrestrial race. However the big behemoth that I saw is an "unknown". The only thing I know for sure about it is the fact that I've only seen it, or anything like it once. As far as who or what was inside...?

So I hope this week's installment stimulated a few neurons and provoked a little thought about just what we are seeing in our skies...is it us or them?

Come back next week for another installment, and please don't forget to "Follow" and "Share"!

1 comment:

  1. Another well written installment. I remember the studio and many of its amusing characters from Azusa to San Dimas and beyond (like the Pickle Farm crowd). And I am sad that I missed the great sighting that you wrote about. Keep up the posts and keep your eyes to the skies. I now have more time to read and stream, so keep up the good work my friend.

    ReplyDelete